Monday, February 22, 2010

What a busy weekend... thanks to the hard work of @frugaldougal and his staff, the Anipal Olympics #pawpawty was a phenomenal success with over $1300 raised for @romeothecat's charity of the month, The Pet Samaritan Fund.

There were some amazing competitors at the Anipal Olympics and some very special Pairs Figure Skating Short Programs by Team Frugaldougal/BunnyJeanCook and Team Dog (brother and sister Mugsy and Sylvie, who are not related to me, although we do share the last name "Dog") that I managed to catch on video. You can check out their performances here: Dougal and Bunny  Sylvie and Mugsy

I competed in the Snowboarding Half-Pipe but only after many bacon beers. Unfortunately, I didn't do so well and crashed rather spectacularly. Perhaps "Wipeout" by the Surfaris wasn't the best choice of music to listen to on my Idog while competing?  I wasn't the only one to not finish my event though. @Yoda_the_dog had an early exit from the extreme downhill skiing event and ended up being rescued by some rather attractive St.Bernards. Unfortunately, he fell head over heels in love with one of his rescuers and they ended up having to rescue him again. Much to my shame, I was too busy uploading the video and didn't go to help. Lucky for me, Yoda is enough of a thrill seeker that he quickly forgave me when he found out I got it on video. BOL!! If you haven't seen the video, check it out here: Yoda's Radical Downhill Run

More later....
Fergus

5 comments:

  1. MOL hahahaha dat was pawsome video of Yoda! Happy to sees you has a bloggie now my furriend, I will puts your linky on mine. http://blog.nipandbones.com is where you can finds mine of course.

    *nosetaps*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for immortalizing my skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...snicker...loved the video of Yoda!(well the others too!but Yoda's was funnest!)

    Great to see you've joined the rest of us crazy anipals,and I look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a pawsome pawty! I'm glad you have a blog now. I'll add you to my anipal linkies!
    *ducky hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMC buddy!!! I'm so glad you got a blog, now I can send all the hot puppies to you!! heh heh heh!

    ReplyDelete